Thursday, October 8, 2026

Smugglers Run

On Saturday, Jenn went to Tampa for the Lightning’s home opener. They went early so they could watch the afternoon practice, and get jerseys signed by some of the players. The Bolts beat the Washington Capitals, 3-1. Bryan meanwhile spent another night with friends at Universal’s Hollywood Horror Nights.
This morning, I got to do a backstage tour of the Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run at Hollywood Studios with other cast members from MK watercraft and monorails. Besides showing us how the ride works, our guides pointed out some details in the queue and in the area surrounding it. 
We got to sample some blue milk in Olga’s Cantina, then finished the tour with a ride on Smugglers Run, which I hadn’t done since they updated it at the beginning of summer. 
After the tour I went back into the park to look around. The Tower of Terror is surrounded by scaffolding while its exterior is refurbished, and Echo Lake is still drained. I couldn’t see much at the Monsteropolis Courtyard except a lot of scaffolding, and while I wouldn’t have minded checking out the new Animation building, it didn’t open until 10, and I didn’t want to hang out that long. 
On the way home I stopped to take a photo of a new building going up backstage in Adventureland. Rumor is it will be for parade support.

No comments:

Post a Comment