Saturday, July 27, 2024

Pittsburgh again

Yesterday morning, while Susan attended a scrapbook convention, I headed down to Point State Park, where the Monongahela meets the Allegheny River to form the Ohio River.
I walked around the park and took in the views, and spent a couple of hours checking out the Fort Pitt Museum, where I learned more about the history of the area, and the battles fought between the British and the French, and the colonists and the native Americans for control of the rivers. 
After lunch I headed back to Station Square, and went up the Monongahela incline, a funicular that goes up Mount Washington. 
There were great views of the city from the top as well as a neighborhood. The funicular was built about 150 years ago to allow those living on top of the hill access to the city below. 
After dinner, Susan and I went on a river cruise with those attending the convention. Today while Susan attended the convention, I just hung out in the room, and grabbed food nearby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment