Friday, July 12, 2024

Mickey’s Retreat

This afternoon Susan and I attended a picnic at Mickey’s Retreat for her Disney Cruise Line team. Mickey’s Retreat is a Disney owned property on Little Lake Bryan, located east of I-4 near Disney Springs. It has a couple of pools, some sports fields and picnic tables, and boat rentals, all for the exclusive use of cast members.
On Wednesday morning before work I went into the Magic Kingdom for a cast preview of the new Country Bear show. While I liked the old show better, the new one is pretty good, featuring country versions of newer songs from Disney movies. 
Since I transferred to the Magic Kingdom boats I’ve mostly been working nights. I don’t like starting in the afternoons but I have enjoyed watching the fireworks as I work. The Fourth of July fireworks were especially impressive. We shut down the boats for an hour as they launched fireworks from an island in the Seven Seas lagoon as well as behind the park. Of course I couldn’t take photos but here’s one of Happily Ever After from the ferry boat as we left MK on one of our visits in June.
I visited the Disney parks a couple more times with friends at the end of June. One evening we spent a few hours at the Studios after a rain storm. Another morning we went back to Animal Kingdom, mostly to ride Flight of Passage.

No comments:

Post a Comment