Friday, July 24, 2026

Monsteropolis

This weekend there is book convention near Disney World, and some of the authors and vendors came in early to enjoy the parks. Tuesday morning Jennifer joined them at Animal Kingdom. In the afternoon they visited Epcot, and stayed for the fireworks. 
Wednesday morning they went to Hollywood Studios, and after lunch at Hollywood and Dine spent the afternoon and evening at Magic Kingdom. 
Yesterday afternoon I helped Susan and Jennifer set up for the convention. It was held at the Orlando World Center Marriottthe largest Marriott hotel in the world. 
This morning, while Susan and Jennifer signed and sold books, I spent a few hours at the Studios. I rode Star Tours and made a loop around the park. There’s lots of scaffolding on the buildings of the old Muppets courtyard as they are being converted to Monsteropolis.
I rode the Friendship Boat from the Studios to Epcot and visited with some of the captains. Disney recently announced new experiences would be coming to the Boardwalk. There are construction walls in front of the old Jellyrolls and Big River Grille. 
On the way out of the parking lot, I took a photo of the backside of Monsteropolis at the Studios. The building for the future door factory coaster has started going vertical.

No comments:

Post a Comment